Burner Well Drilling, INC. is a company of well drilling specialists in Rockingham, VA. We are a family owned company, and we are happy to come out to give you a free estimate.
As well drilling experts, we wanted to share with you a few of the basics about well drilling and the types of wells.
There are three basic kinds of wells, and groundwater.org defines them as such:
- Bored or shallow wells are usually bored into an unconfined water source, generally found at depths of 100 feet or less.
- Consolidated or rock wells are drilled into a formation consisting entirely of a natural rock formation that contains no soil and does not collapse. Their average depth is about 250 feet.
- Unconsolidated or sand wells are drilled into a formation consisting of soil, sand, gravel or clay material that collapses upon itself.”
Wells are constructed with numerous components, and here are the most essential parts of a well according to groundwater.org:
- Casing creates a space for well water in the ground while preventing leaks from occurring.
- Grout covers the areas outside of the well to prevent contaminants from entering in the well and contaminating the water.
- Screens prevent hand and gravel from entering the water while allowing the water to enter the well. Screens act as a filter of sorts.
- Gravel is placed around the well’s screen to keep sand and dirt from getting into the well.
For all of your well-drilling needs in Rockingham County, VA, contact us at Burner Well Drilling, Inc.